About Kington Walks and Kington Walking Festival
Kington Walks was established by the Kington Chamber of Trade in 2011 to promote sustainable tourism and to help to preserve Kington's unique atmosphere with support from Herefordshire Council and Kington Town Council. We successfully applied for 'Walkers Are Welcome' status for the town in the same year. Most recently Kington Walks has become a registered Charity with the sole purpose of promoting community participation in healthy recreation by encouraging and enabling people to partake in regular walks as a form of exercise in Kington and the surrounding area. Kington Walks committee is made up of enthusiastic walkers and people representing the local area and which now brings us to our sixth annual Walking Festival.
We are most grateful to all those who have sponsored individual walks and events this year and to all who have placed advertisements with us - in the brochure, on the website and in our forthcoming calendar. We are particularly grateful to our key sponsors:
• Kington Town Council
• Red Kite Fostering
• Kington Chamber of Trade
We would like to thank John Richardson of The Burton Hotel, Kington who has lent us a room for all our committee meetings. Our Kington Walks office during the festival will be based at the Burton where you will be able to buy last minute tickets during the festival days and get up to date information about anything to do with Kington Walks, or just drop in to say hello and for a chat.
• Our thanks to Kington Tourist Information Office who help us with ticket sales leading up to the festival and answering queries during the year.
• We would also like to say a big thank you to Wayne Summers who has done the design work for the brochure this year.
Images courtesy of Charlie Hopkinson ©, Richie Cotterill ©, Alex Ramsey ©, Jane Dickinson ©, Andy Compton ©, Nigel Sheath © and Visit Wales ©.
If you would like to be listed below and your site would be of genuine interest and relevance to people attending Kington Walks then please contact us.
Other walking festivals in the area:
• Hay Walking Festival
• Mortimer Country Walking Festival
• Talgarth Walking Festival
• Herefordshire Walking Festival
• Church Stretton Walking Festival
• Ross on Wye Walking Festival
• Crickhowell Walking Festival
• Llangollen Walking Festival
Tourist Information Centres in the area:
• The Offa's Dyke Centre
• The Offa's Dyke National Trail
• Bishops Castle
• Ludlow and the Shropshire Hills
• Church Stretton
• Ross on Wye